Windows Vista® is a new operating system that offers users an easier, safer, more entertaining and better connected computing experience. Whether you use your PC for simple web browsing or you’re a business professional who works with large volumes of data, one thing’s for sure: Windows Vista® is unlike any operating system you’ve ever used before!
Get the most out of your computing with HP and Windows Vista®
Easier – Find, use, manage, share and enjoy information—on your PC and on the web—faster and easier than ever.
Locate files, e-mail messages, and applications easily on your PC using Instant Search, an enhanced desktop search and organization tool.
Customize your desktop with Windows Sidebar and mini-applications called gadgets for at-a-glance access to weather, news, calendar, and other useful tools.
Easier than every to organize, edit, and share your photos and video memories with family and friends with Windows Photo Gallery and Windows Movie Maker.
See all your open windows clearly with the stunning Windows Aero™(1,2) interface and quickly switch between windows and tasks with Windows Flip 3D(1,2).
Safer – The most secure Windows operating system ever with automated processes help maintain the health and security of your PC.
Further protect your data and computer with Windows Defender® that scans and removes spyware, provides real-time protection, and ongoing updates to help you make conscious choices about software installed on your PC.
Take PC maintenance off your list as Windows Vista® automatically performs self-tuning and self-healing tasks using built-in diagnostics and repair tools.
Parental Control features help you to manage and monitor your family’s PC use and make your computing experience a safe one.
It’s easier than ever to protect your data with Scheduled and Network Backup(1,2).
More entertaining – Enjoy your entire digital entertainment library in full glory on your PC or even on your TV.
Enjoy entertainment with Windows Media Center(3). With an HP Media Center TV PC, you can record, watch and pause live television.
Get your game on—an incredible gaming experience awaits casual players as well as hard-core enthusiasts. Easily install, find and start your games with the new Games Explorer.
Navigate and play your music collection with just the click of a remote control!
Better connected – Connect on the go and share information with friends and family.
Stay up-to-date with your music, pictures, and contacts across your media player devices and other PCs with Synch Center.
With Network Center, experience the freedom of working virtually anywhere in your home(4) or find and join a wireless network at your favorite hotspot(5).
Perform tasks more productively and efficiently using Internet Explorer 7, redesigned with new and enhanced capabilities for searching and making use of many sources of information.
(1) Certain Windows Vista product features require advanced or additional hardware. See http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/hardwarereqs.mspx and http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx for details. Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor can help you determine which features of Windows Vista will run on your computer. To download the tool, visit www.windowsvista.com/upgradeadvisor.
(2) Windows Aero™, Windows Flip 3D navigation, and Scheduled and Network Backup are available in Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, and Windows Vista Ultimate.
(3) Windows Media Center is available in Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate. TV playback and recording features require an integrated or external USB TV tuner. Supports up to two TV tuners in all supported regions subject to Windows Vista compatibility with local TV standards; additional DTV/HDTV tuner support is available in the U.S. and South Korea with compatible hardware. To enjoy all the benefits of Windows Media Center, Internet access is recommended; for some features, such as the Microsoft Electronic Programming Guide, it is required. Internet service provider subscription or other service fees may apply. Microsoft Electronic Programming Guide is not available in all regions or countries. DVD burning, TV features, and remote control support may vary by manufacturer and/or require additional purchases. Support for the Media Center Extender or Xbox 360 will require a wired or wireless home network and additional compatible networking equipment.
(4) Home network required and sold separately.
(5) Wireless access point required and not included. Wireless Internet use requires separately purchased Internet service contract. Availability of public wireless access points limited.