Explore HP ENERGY STAR® qualified printers
Learn how HP energy efficient products can benefit both you and the environment
Support & Drivers
HP ENERGY STAR® qualified products conserve energy, cut utility costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and help improve the quality of our environment without sacrificing top features or high performance.
What is ENERGY STAR®?
Look for the ENERGY STAR® logo on a variety of home, office, and commercial products.
ENERGY STAR® is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy.
The program’s goal is to help consumers save money through lower utility costs and to protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
In addition to office equipment, ENERGY STAR® qualified products include appliances, home electronics, and a variety of heating and cooling, lighting, and commercial products.
What are ENERGY STAR® requirements?
ENERGY STAR® qualified products not only help preserve the environment, they also save you money!
In order to earn an ENERGY STAR® qualification, products must meet rigorous energy efficiency guidelines set by the EPA and the U.S. Department of Energy. For instance, ENERGY STAR® qualified imaging products such as printers, scanners, and All-in-Ones:
- Can help businesses save money on air-conditioning and maintenance, thanks to efficient designs and cooler running temperatures.
- Are 25% more efficient than conventional models.
- Will, over the next five years, prevent greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to that produced by four million cars.
HP and ENERGY STAR®
Save energy by using an HP printer that is ENERGY STAR® qualified. For example, the HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One uses less than 1 watt of energy while in Off mode.
HP offers customers a variety of ENERGY STAR® qualified products that use fewer resources, reduce energy consumption, and are designed with recycling in mind. HP ENERGY STAR® products also:
- Produce less heat and reduce cooling loads* by nearly 15% (up to 30% in warmer climates).
- Automatically go into Sleep mode after periods of inactivity. (HP ENERGY STAR® qualified computers use 75% less energy in Sleep mode.)
- Use roughly half as much electricity as other products—cutting your utility costs in half as well.
* A cooling load is the amount of heat that must be removed from a system in order to maintain a constant temperature.
Going beyond ENERGY STAR® requirements
The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One is packed with features and ENERGY STAR® qualified.
HP strives to provide environmentally conscious innovations to its customers. Beyond HP’s wide selection of ENERGY STAR® qualified products, HP offers additional energy efficient solutions.
Only available with HP LaserJet printers and All-in-Ones, such as the HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color M251nw Printer, Instant-on technology, helps conserve energy by allowing your printer to produce faster output when coming out of Powersave mode. Since 1993, Instant-on technology has helped prevent nearly 3.5 million tons of CO2 emissions—the equivalent to a year’s worth of emissions for nearly 680,000 cars!.
Many HP printers and All-in-Ones offer a variety of capabilities that help conserve energy and save resources. For example, the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One comes with the following features:
With the ability to print, copy, scan, and fax, the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One offers the capabilities of several different machines within one product, and as a result, conserves energy and materials.
- Duplex printing
Duplex printing (also referred to as double-sided or two-sided printing) cuts your paper use in half by printing on both sides of the page. Check out the article Save money, paper, and time with automatic two-sided printing to learn more.
- Sleep mode
Using your printer’s Sleep mode or Powersave mode, helps reduce power consumption while idle.
Make a difference
Everyone can do their part to help conserve energy and reduce their impact on the environment. Just last year, Americans and their ENERGY STAR® qualified products saved enough energy to:
- Power ten million homes.
- Avoid greenhouse gas emissions from twelve million cars.
- Save $6 billion dollars.
Find HP ENERGY STAR® qualified printers
HP offers as many as 1,000 models of office and home office products that have earned the ENERGY STAR® qualified mark!
Visit the HP Printer Buying Guides to compare ENERGY STAR® qualified HP products, including HP e-All-in-Ones, multifunction LaserJets, mobile printers, scanners, and more.
Or, go directly to the HP Home & Home Office Store to find a variety of ENERGY STAR® qualified printers. Just look for the ENERGY STAR® logo on the right-hand side of the product page under Awards and certifications.
- Find information on Recycling your hardware and printing supplies.
- Use these Energy tips to make smart electronics purchases, conserve resources, and help improve the quality of the environment.
ENERGY STAR® is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government.
- 1. Among majority of color laser printers priced <$300, 6/08; energy consumption based on internal HP testing.
- 2. Feature works with any Internet- and e-mail-capable device. For details, visit www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
- 3. Requires Internet connection to printer.