Printer features to help you save
Learn how to save on a printer purchase and ownership
Home & Home Office
Support & Drivers
HP printer and All-in-Ones come with many features to help you save money, time, and energy. From inexpensive purchase prices to features to help you save on supplies and energy throughout the life of your machine, learn what to consider when choosing a new printer for your home or office.
Save on a printer
HP has printers at prices starting at $29.99, such as the HP Deskjet 1000 Printer shown above.
As technology advances, printers are more affordable than ever. Now, for under $100, you can choose between the following features on an HP printer:
- Client-ready color
- Built-in Ethernet networking
- Lab-quality photo printing
- Borderless photo printing
- All-in-Ones that allow you to scan, copy, and print in color
See more of HP’s most affordable line of printers ever, starting as low as $29.99!
Save on energy
HP Eco Solutions Center features information on company-wide efforts to minimize impact on the environment, including ways to recycle your printing supplies and hardware.
Follow these tips to select a printer that uses less energy. Then, find out how to recycle your hardware and supplies to make your office as green as it can be:
- Purchase an ENERGY STAR® qualified printer, which has met rigorous energy efficiency guidelines set by the EPA and the U.S. Department of Energy. Learn more about ENERGY STAR® qualified products.
- Choose an HP All-in-One rather than separate, stand-alone office machines. Print, scan, copy, and fax-- all from a single machine to save energy over powering four machines separately. Learn more about the advantages of HP All-in-Ones.
- Get more useful tips to use less energy printing.
Save on paper
Save money, space, and resources when you print on both sides of the paper.
Use HP Smart Web Printing to print “only the good stuff” from the Internet.
One of the best ways to save paper is to print (and copy) on both sides of the page. Some HP printers and All-in-Ones offer the ability to print and copy on two sides (or duplex) automatically. Others come with driver support for this useful feature. Find out more about this and other paper-saving techniques:
- Learn more about printing double-sided automatically.
- Add automatic double-sided printing to your existing printer with an automatic duplexing accessory.
- Find out how to print double-sided manually.
Print web pages efficiently
- When you use HP Smart Web Printing, you print only the parts of web pages that interest you; leave the ads, headers and footers, and other fluff behind.
Use printer settings wisely
- Get 3 quick paper-saving tips, and take advantage of your printer settings to help you save more paper.
Save on ink
Save up to 40% on your printing with Original HP XL Ink cartridges.1.
Learn about several options to save on ink by choosing the right printer. You’ll find out more about HP printers that accommodate high-capacity XL ink cartridges to give you a lower per-page cost and the convenience of less frequent intervention. Also consider the many HP printer models that offer individual-color inks, allowing you to replace only what you need.
Once you’ve chosen your printer, take advantage of savings approximately 10% when you order Original HP ink in multi-packs, twin packs, or combo packs. And get additional savings with free, fast shipping when you order ink and toner directly from HP.
Save on time
HP Quick Forms gives you notebook, graph, and music paper—and so much more! 2
The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
e-All-in-One features a large, interactive touchscreen that makes completing tasks quicker and more intuitive.
Many HP printers and All-in-Ones offer in-printer functions that can save you time by reducing the back-and-forth between your printer and PC. Learn more about what you can get done on an HP printer without a PC:
This useful feature, available on several HP Photosmart All-in-Ones, allows you to print graph paper, Sudoku puzzles, mazes, notebook paper, and more, directly from your printer. Learn more about Quick Forms.2
With most HP Photosmart printers, you can insert a memory card or flash drive directly into the printer and edit your photos using a built-in color display. Remove red-eye, crop, or apply effects to photos in just a few touches. Learn more about editing photos directly from your printer.
Scan directly to e-mail or a network folder
While most HP scanners and HP All-in-Ones allow you to scan to your computer or to send scans to e-mail when you return to your desk, being able to do so without having to interact with your PC at all can be a great time-saver.
Learn about the HP Officejet Pros that allow you to scan directly to e-mail or network folder at the touch of a button.
Use an Officejet Pro touchscreen to print, scan, and fax smarter
Both the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One and the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One feature large, interactive touchscreens that make completing tasks quicker, more intuitive—maybe even a little more enjoyable.
See how you can print, scan, and fax smarter with an HP Officejet Pro touchscreen.
Purchase an HP printer with features for savings
The HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One comes with several features which allow for savings over the life of your printer, including individual inks available in high-capacity XL cartridges and automatic double-sided printing.
HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One
Packed with features to help you save:
- Four useful office machines in one
- Print select Web content directly from the color display using HP Print Apps2
- HP ePrint lets you instantly send print jobs to an e-mail address assigned to your printer!3
- Wireless for easy sharing4
- Accommodates XL cartridges and uses individual ink colors for easy replacement
- Automatic two-sided printing
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
Here are just a few of the other HP printers and All-in-Ones with features to help you save:
HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One
HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One
To learn more about the money-, time-, and energy-saving features on these printers—and many more—visit the HP Printer buying guide.
Get started with wireless printing: Wireless printing can save you money by letting several computers in a single household or office share a single printer without expensive wiring. And it’s the ultimate in clutter-free convenience!
Get more home printing ideas to help you enjoy and get the most from your money-saving HP printer.
- 1Compared with single, standard HP ink cartridges. Based on average retail pricing, actual prices may vary.
- 2Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language and agreements. For details, http://www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
- 3Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. And for additional solutions, see www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions..
- 4Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations compatible with 2.4GHz routers only.