Free Printable Greeting Cards
HP offers a wide selection of templates to help you create, customize, and print free greeting cards
Home & Home Office
Support & Drivers
Learn how the HP Creative studio has made printing one-of-a-kind greeting cards a breeze! Find free greeting cards for any occasion in a variety of high-quality, artistic styles. Then, personalize your card with your own photos and message.
Why make your own cards
Make your greeting truly personal by adding photos, news, shared memories or jokes, and choosing a style that expresses your individuality.
For high-quality, vibrant greeting cards, choose a photo printer such as the HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One.
Instead of settling for store-bought sentiment, create and print your own free, personalized greeting cards from HP.
- Personalize. When you customize your greeting card, it’s more meaningful to the recipient. Plus, it’s more fun to create! Include photos, a personal note, and choose a style that fits you best.
- Save time. Instead of spending time and money shopping for conventional cards, create your own. Free printable greeting cards allow you creative control and immediate results without leaving home or sacrificing print quality.
- Access when you need it. Create professional, last-minute greetings, no matter the occasion. Using the HP Creative Studio means you’ll always have access to the perfect printable card.
Or, use the HP Cards app featured on a web-connected printer, like the HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One.
Tips for flawless cards
For quick greeting cards, check twice and print once! Print your card on regular paper before printing on specialty paper.
Include a photo in your card, but make sure to edit beforehand to remove photo flaws or to crop out a distracting background.
With HP Creative Studio and HP supplies, you never have to worry about getting that perfect, last-minute greeting card.
- Test before printing. Before printing double-sided on specialty paper, it’s always a good idea to make a test card on regular paper. Based on the result of the test, you may need to change which way you load the paper. Learn more about manually printing two-sided documents.
- Improve photos before making your card. Get quality images for your greeting cards by editing your photos before uploading them to the HP Creative Studio. Find tips for identifying photo flaws—and learn how to correct them.
- Use specialty paper. Instantly boost the impact of your cards, crafts, and calendars by choosing a thicker paper such as HP brochure and flyer paper, HP 5x7 Advanced Photo Paper, or HP 4x6 Advanced Photo Paper.
- Use HP ink. For brilliantly colored greeting cards that will keep your sentiments from fading, use Original HP ink with HP paper—photos resist fading for generations! 1
And, when you combine all your HP ink cartridges in one package, like the HP 60 Combo Value Pack, you’ll save more than when purchasing ink separately.
Select a free greeting card
Step 1: Head to the HP Creative Studio and select Project Types from the top of the screen. Select Cards & Stationery from the drop-down menu. Then select Greeting Cards.
Step 2: Use the pop-up menu to filter cards by type and then narrow down your choices using the drop-down menu. For this example, we will choose Life Events and then Birthday.
Step 3: Click on the left and right arrows to browse the printable cards, and click the thumbnail of the card you wish to create (for this example, we will select Fill-in-the-Age ½ Fold Birthday Card.)
Step 4: To personalize your message, click on the editable text boxes. Use the drop-down menus above the text box to change the font, size, and color of your message. Click Accept when you are finished.
Step 5: If you have chosen a photo upload card, import your photos by selecting Import Photos.
Step 6: Select a photo from your computer by clicking My computer and then Browse Photos. Or, choose an image from your Snapfish account.
Step 7: Once you’ve chosen your photo, drag your photo to the greeting card.
Step 8: Drag your mouse over the photo to access the photo editing features, including flip, rotate, scale, or remove photo.
Printing your greeting card
Once you’ve created your card in the Creative Studio, you’re ready to print.
Step 1: Click Preview and Print to preview your design. You can also click Zoom In to review your card in detail.
Step 2: Load your paper into the printer. To print the outside of your card, click Print it!
To print the inside of your card, reinsert your page, printed side up, into the paper tray. Click Print it!
Get the right tools
HP Photosmart e-All-in-Ones deliver vibrant colors and crisp text, making them perfect for your printable greeting cards. And, you’ll get consistent print quality and reliability with HP specialty paper and photo paper.
HP Inkjet Glossy Brochure Paper($15.99)
Ideal for printing greeting cards.
HP Advanced Glossy Photo Paper 4"x6" ($13.99)
Ideal for printing 4" x 6" photos.
HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One ($199.99)
Premium photo printing experience.
Check out the HP Photosmart e-All-in-One buying guide to find the printer that best fits your needs.
Need ink but not sure what to buy? Use the HP Supplies Finder to purchase Original HP ink for your printer
- Discover six easy ways to save time, energy, and money on printing.
- Get helpful printing tips for printing on all types of paper.
- Discover more home printing ideas to use your printer for any event or occasion.
- 1 Display-permanence rating by Wilhelm Imaging Research, Inc., or HP Image Permanence Lab. For details, see hp.com/go/printpermanence.