Easy ways to find and purchase ink
Find the most convenient ways to purchase supplies for your printer while getting the best value
Home & Home Office
Support & Drivers
See the importance of using Original HP ink and toner for optimal print quality and value. Then, learn easy ways to purchase Original HP supplies, along with programs to help you save.
Why Original HP ink and toner
Original HP ink cartridges print up to twice the pages—on average—of refilled cartridges tested.1
While bargain ink cartridges may seem like a good deal, independent research shows that 72% of the refilled ink cartridges tested failed during use or right out of the box.1
Only the tested Original HP ink cartridges worked every time, and printed up to twice the pages—on average—of refilled cartridges tested.1
Best values on Original HP ink and toner
Save up to 40% on your printing with Original HP XL Ink cartridges.2
HP offers more economical choices than buying standard-size cartridges, one-at-a-time.
- Save up to 40% on your printing with Original HP XL Ink cartridges.2 Plus, HP offers combo packs, twin packs, and HP Photo Value Packs for additional savings.
- If you’re considering purchasing a new printer, learn how to Save on ink by choosing the right printer.
- And remember to save on gas money, parking, and time with FREE next-day shipping when you order ink and paper directly from the HP Home and Home Office store online.
Sign up for HP My Print Rewards to get exclusive offers and deals on HP supplies.
Take the guesswork and digging out of your supply purchases when you sign up for HP My Print Rewards; registering is FREE and lets you create a profile that saves your printer info, so there’s no need to re-enter it every time you shop for ink and paper on HP.com.
Additionally, every time you spend $50 or more on supplies, you earn rewards worth valuable savings on HP ink, toner, and paper!
Find ink for your printer
The type of ink will always be clearly labeled on the outside of each cartridge. This cartridge of HP 940 Cyan Officejet Ink has an XL suffix to indicate that it’s a high-capacity cartridge.
Every HP ink is identified by a number. Here are several places you can find the right ink for your printer:
1) Inside your printer
Each Original HP ink cartridge has its number written clearly on the side. Any cartridges with suffixes (letters or words) that come after the cartridge number are also compatible.
The HP online ink store makes it easy to identify the proper ink. Just look at the front of your printer for the model number,and enter it.
3) Your printer box
Look on the outside of your printer box for recommended HP ink cartridges. A wallet-sized card with this information is also included with many printers.
4) Your printer manual
Look inside your printer manual for suggested HP ink cartridges.
5) Ink cartridge boxes
You’ll find a list of compatible HP printers on each Original HP ink cartridge box.
Shop for HP ink and toner
Just enter your printer information or the ink you are looking for to find it instantly at the Home and Home Office Store.
Now that you know how to get the best ink values, learn how to Select the best paper for any job.
Get additional value by sharing a single printer with several computers; see how easy it is to Get started with wireless printing.
Learn more about getting value and efficiency from your printer with HP Printer tips and how-tos.
- 1 A Buyers Laboratory Inc. 2011 study commissioned by HP compared Original HP ink cartridges (60XL, 56A, 57A, 74XL and 75XL) with ink cartridges refilled by refill service providers and sold in North America. For details, see http://www.buyerslab.com/products/samples/HP-Inkjet-Cartridges-vs-Refilled-Cartridges.pdf.
- 2 Compared with single, standard HP ink cartridges. Based on average retail pricing, actual prices may vary.