Easy ways to find and purchase toner
Find the most convenient ways to purchase toner for your HP LaserJet printer while getting the best value
Home & Home Office
Support & Drivers
See the importance of using Original HP toner for optimal print quality and value. Then, find easy ways to purchase your toner, along with programs to help you save.
Why Original HP toner
Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges pay you back because they work the first time, every time.1
- Savings: Original HP toner pays you back! Unreliable, non-HP cartridges can drive up your total cost of printing more than you may think. Blotchy, streaked, or faded prints are more than an inconvenience—they increase costs and hold up production by requiring reprints. Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges pay you back because they work the first time, every time.1
- Reliability: Non-HP toner cartridges don’t work properly 40% of the time.2 That’s a risk no business can afford to take. To play it safe, go with Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges instead. The cartridges are reliable, dependable, and offer superior quality every time you hit print.
- Environmental impact: Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges use up to 6 times less energy and paper for reprinting than tested remanufactured toner cartridges.3
Learn more about the reliability and quality of Original HP toner.
Best values on Original HP toner
Save up to 10% with Original HP LaserJet toner cartridge dual packs compared to their standalone counterparts.
Save up to 10% with Original HP LaserJet toner cartridge dual packs compared to their standalone counterparts. Dual packs bundle multiple toner cartridges together in one convenient package, so you’ll always have a spare cartridge on hand and important print jobs won’t be delayed!
High-capacity (X) Toner Cartridges
You can also save up to 35% with Original HP LaserJet high-capacity toner cartridges.4
And remember to save on gas money, parking, and time with FREE next-day shipping when you order ink and paper directly from the HP Home & Home Office online store.
Sign up for HP My Print Rewards to get exclusive offers and deals on HP supplies.
Take the hassle and guesswork out of your supply purchases when you sign up for HP My Print Rewards. Registering is FREE and lets you create a profile that saves your printer info, so there’s no need to re-enter it every time you shop for ink and paper on HP.com.
Additionally, every time you spend $50 or more on supplies, you earn rewards worth valuable savings on HP ink, toner, and paper!
Find out what toner your printer uses
There is a list of compatible HP printers on every HP toner cartridge box.
Each toner cartridge has its number written clearly on the cartridge.
Every HP toner cartridge is identified by a number. Here are several places you can look to determine which toner your HP LaserJet printer uses:
1) Inside your printer: Each Original HP toner cartridge has its number written clearly on the cartridge.
2) Online: The HP online ink and toner store makes it easy to find the proper toner. You can search by entering either your printer model or cartridge number.
3) Your printer box: Look on the outside of your printer box for recommended HP toner cartridges.
4) Your printer manual: Look inside your printer manual for suggested HP toner cartridges.
5) Toner cartridge boxes: You’ll find a list of compatible HP printers on each Original HP toner cartridge box.
Shop for HP toner
Just enter your printer information or the toner you are looking for to find it instantly at the HP Home & Home Office online store!
Receive automatic alerts when your printer is low on supplies and enjoy simple reordering of reliable cartridges with Sure Supply—a free and easy-to-use tool that sends automatic alerts when HP printers are low on print supplies.
Now that you know how to select toner for your HP laser printer, learn how to select the best paper for any job.
See how easy it is to get started with wireless printing, and discover how you can share a single printer with several computers.
Find out more about getting value and efficiency from your HP LaserJet printer with these home office printing tips.
- 1 HP calculation based on the average results of a QualityLogic 2010 study comparing Original HP LaserJet Toner Cartridges with seven brands of non-HP toner cartridges sold in North America for the HP LaserJet P1505 and P4015 printers, HP 36A and 64A. For details, see www.qualitylogic.com/NAmonotonertest.pdf. Calculation includes paper, cartridge replacement and labor for reprints. Assumes equal number of pages for external, internal and individual use. Labor rate from Mercer 2009 Global Pay Study. Assumes purchase price for HP cartridge is $170 and 30% lower purchase price for a non-HP toner cartridge. Actual prices, costs and savings may vary.
- 2 A QualityLogic 2010 study compared Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges with seven brands of non-HP toner cartridges sold in North America for the HP LaserJet P1505 and P4015 printers, HP 36A and 64A. For details, see www.qualitylogic.com/NAmonotonertest.pdf.
- 3 HP calculations based on the average results for 2010 North America Mono QualityLogic study (www.qualitylogic.com/NAmonotonertest.pdf). Estimated carbon footprint calculation includes paper and printer energy use for reprints. Assumes equal number of pages for external, internal and individual use. Actual results may vary.
- 4 Cost-per-page calculations based on ISO/IEC 19752 yield and estimated street price for HP’s (X) cartridges versus their standard (A) cartridge counterparts. For yield details: www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.