How to block unwanted faxes
Stop wasting time and paper on “spam faxes”
Home & Home Office
Support & Drivers
Spam or junk faxes are more than just a bother; they waste paper and your time. Find out how to put an end to this unnecessary distraction with an easy-to-use feature called Junk fax blocker (also called Junk fax barrier), available on most HP fax machines and HP All-in-Ones. Save your time and paper for the work that really matters!
Junk fax blocker: Save paper and time
With fewer interruptions, you’ll be able to stay on task at work.
Junk fax blocker allows users with Caller ID on their phone lines to block the printing of unwanted faxes. Once you set up this feature, those “spam” faxes will not print out.
This feature is especially useful in dense urban areas where phone numbers change over more frequently, causing more junk faxes.
By using Junk fax blocker, you can:
- Stop wasting paper caused by faxed solicitations.
- Cut out the time it takes to track down senders and ask them to remove you from their lists.
Learn how to use junk fax blocker
Step 1: You’ll find the Junk Fax Blocker feature on select HP printers, including the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One.
Step 2: Touch the Setup icon on the printer’s touchscreen.
Step 3: To access the Junk Fax Blocker feature, select the Basic Fax Setup menu.
Consult the manual for your HP fax machine or All-in One to confirm that your machine has this feature. The feature is “On” by default on HP machines with Junk fax blocker.
Though these instructions illustrate how to set up this feature on the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One, the steps are similar for other HP All-in-Ones and HP fax machines with Junk fax blocker:
- Confirm that Caller ID is set up on your phone line
- Touch Setup icon
- Touch Fax Setup
- Touch Basic Fax Setup
- Touch Junk Fax Blocker
- Touch Add Numbers
- Press Select from Caller ID History
- Scroll through the numbers and select the number you want to block, then press OK
You may also manually enter a number to block. Here’s how:
- Follow steps 1 - 5 above.
- Press Enter Number, and use the keypad to enter the number. Press Done.
If you need to remove a block on a number, you can:
- Go to the Junk Fax Blocker Setup menu (following steps 1 - 4 above).
- Select Remove Numbers.
- Scroll through the numbers you’ve blocked and select the one you want to unblock. Press OK.
Get Junk fax blocker for yourself
With a built-in phone, up to 200 pages of memory, and the Favorite Faxes feature, which enables you to re-send a frequently sent fax directly from memory without re-scanning, the HP 2140 Fax makes a sleek addition to any office.
The HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One offers scanning, copying, and faxing with up to 100 pages of memory. Plus, enjoy wireless printing at up to 40% less than competitive laser printers when using HP Officejet Inks. 1
HP Fax machines
Interested in an HP fax machine with junk fax blocking? The HP Fax buying guide is a great place to start. In addition to the Junk fax blocker feature, the following models offer handsets and the ability to make copies:
- It’s easy to figure out that you don’t want to receive junk faxes, but let HP help you Figure out how much fax memory you need, one of the biggest variable considerations when choosing a new fax machine.
- Save even more paper and hassle when you choose a printer that enables you to Print two-sided automatically.
- Get more Home office ideas for choosing equipment, printing your own marketing materials, and so much more.
- 1 Among majority of color laser AiOs less than $600, 6/08, OJ with highest-capacity cartridges.