All about Original HP paper
Find out why printing on Original HP Paper provides high-quality results every time.
Home & Home Office
Support & Drivers
No matter what type of printer you use, or the variety of jobs you print, HP has the right paper for you. Learn about the wide selection of HP paper offers, why using the right paper with the right machine is so important, and discover the benefits of using Original HP paper for all of your printing needs.
Choose the right paper for your printer
The paper you use significantly influences print quality. Make sure to use paper that is specifically formulated for the type of printer you own!
Caption: HP has a variety of inkjet papers for every print job. When you print using HP ink and paper, you get documents that deliver a professional look and feel.
HP laser paper is designed to withstand the high heat HP LaserJets use to bond dry toner particles to paper.
Few people spend much time thinking about paper and its role in the printing process, but the paper you use significantly influences print quality. You may be thinking, “Paper is paper, right?” However, it’s important to use paper that is specifically formulated for the type of printer you use:
- HP inkjet paper: HP inkjet printers spray fine amounts of liquid ink onto a page to create an image and text. HP’s coated inkjet papers are engineered with swellable or porous coatings that provide high-quality document reproduction. Laser papers are not designed to absorb ink, resulting in smeared or streaked pages.
- HP laser paper: HP LaserJet printers use a fuser to bond dry toner particles in very precise dots to the paper. HP laser papers are designed to withstand this extreme heat. They are engineered to have a super-smooth texture and, in some cases, a special coating for when you want images to all but leap off the page. Inkjet paper not designed for fusing technology could damage your printer.
- HP multi-machine paper: Exhaustive research goes into all HP multi-machine paper selections to ensure that they are optimized to work well in both inkjet and laser office machines. HP multi-machine papers are specifically engineered to reduce the dust build-up that can cause paper jams in general office equipment like copiers and fax machines.
- HP Photo Paper: HP has you covered for inkjet photo paper. From sharing photos with friends to the needs of businesses and professional photographers, HP has engineered a broad range of photo paper types and sizes for every photo printing need.
Learn more about HP Photo Paper.
Paper for every print job
HP Professional Papers give you consistent, professional results every time you hit print—for up to 50% less than copy shop services.1
HP Papers with ColorLok® Technology offer brighter colors, fewer smears, and bolder blacks so you get outstanding print quality and exceptional reliability for the documents you print everyday.
HP offers a wide range of paper types for a variety of projects, including:
- HP Professional Papers are available for both inkjet and laser printers, and come in a variety of weights and finishes to suit all your project needs. From matte brochure to glossy presentation, HP Professional Papers give you consistent, professional results every time you hit print—for up to 50% less than copy shop services.1
- HP Everyday Papers are available for both inkjet and laser printers, and are engineered to optimize the performance of HP printers, inks, and toners for the print projects you do every day. Get outstanding print quality and exceptional reliability—all at an affordable price. Plus, all HP Everyday Inkjet Papers feature ColorLok® Technology meaning:
- Colors are brighter compared to ordinary papers.
- Documents dry faster so there’s less risk of smearing.
- Black inks print bolder so text is super crisp and sharp.
- HP multi-machine papers are engineered to work in all your office equipment, including fax machines and copiers, so you don’t have to worry about buying different papers for each machine. Plus, HP multi-machine papers all feature ColorLok® Technology as well, so you get brighter colors, fewer smears, and bolder blacks whenever you print.
Learn how to select the best paper for your print jobs.
Designed with the environment in mind
HP works with manufacturers to reduce the environmental impact of the paper making process.
HP strives to make all HP home and office papers recyclable, and uses 100% recycled cartons with 35% post-consumer content in most of their photo and specialty paper packaging.
HP’s paper policy is one of the most comprehensive in the industry—HP papers are sustainably sourced, responsibly manufactured, and easily recycled:
- HP suppliers use pulp from responsibly managed, renewable forests that have been certified by independent third parties, such as the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
- HP is working with manufacturers to reduce the environmental impact of the paper-making process. HP urges their manufacturers to implement environmental management systems, such as ISO 140041 certification, and works with major suppliers to gather data on energy and water use to help them set goals to reduce their carbon footprints.
- HP strives to make all HP home and office papers recyclable. They work with a third-party authority to facilitate recycling of HP photo papers in consumer collection systems that accept mixed paper or drink cartons.
- HP uses 100% recycled cartons with 35% post-consumer content in most of their photo and specialty paper packaging.
- The HP Eco Highlights label details certifications and recycling opportunities for HP home and office paper, including photo paper.
Learn more about HP’s commitment to the environment.
Find Original HP paper
Visit the HP Home & Home Office online store to purchase Original HP Paper.
Ready to buy? Visit the HP Home & Home Office online store to purchase Original HP Paper for your printer.
Plus, enjoy free next business day shipping on all Original HP ink, toner, and paper.
- 1 Based on HP Color LaserJet CP2020/CM2320 series and HP Officejet Pro family products and average retail pricing for short-run marketing materials. Cost per page estimate based on 250 copies. Actual prices may vary. Source: Infotrends Cost of Print Studies, March 2009. Go to www.hp.com/go/ihm for more details.