All about Original HP photo paper
Make your memories last by printing on Original HP photo paper
Home & Home Office
Support & Drivers
HP’s easy-to-use photo papers resist fading, are quick drying and smudge-proof, and their thickness and weight provide a superior look and feel. Read on to discover the science behind HP photo papers and why they deliver long-lasting, lab-quality prints. Plus, get tips so you can print affordable photos at home.
How HP photo paper is constructed
The secret’s in the layers! Six micro-thin layers help you print vivid color photos that resist fading for generations.1
HP photo papers provide a great printing experience on all printers—no matter which brand of printer you use.2
It can take up to five years to research and perfect how HP photo paper performs. This technology makes it possible to print vivid color photos that resist fading for generations.1
- The imaging layer controls higher ink absorption rate and ink capacity for enhanced fade resistance.
- The undercoat layer absorbs the liquid part of the ink for fast drying.
- The front side resin coating creates a smooth surface for high-gloss and a moisture barrier to avoid wrinkling.
- The photobase layer, or paper pulp core, provides whiteness, opacity, stiffness, and strength.
- The backside resin layer creates a moisture barrier to ensure that the paper stays flat.
- The stacking layer prevents ink transfer and keeps prints from sticking together.
In addition to being optimized for HP ink and inkjet printers, HP photo papers provide a great printing experience on all printers—no matter which brand of printer you use.2
Lab-quality photos start with HP
Get long-lasting, lab-quality prints when you use HP’s wide range of inks together with HP photo papers.
Save up to 20% when you buy an HP Photo Value Pack that combines the right Original HP ink with the right HP photo paper.3
Photos are some of your most treasured possessions. That’s why HP offers a wide-range of inks and photo papers that, when used together, can deliver long-lasting, lab-quality prints that provide:
- Fade resistance: Choose Original HP
inks and select HP photo paper and your lab-quality photos
can last for generations.1
Learn how HP Photo Paper resists fading.
- Water- and smudge-resistance: Using Original HP ink with HP Premium Plus or HP Advanced Photo papers helps your photos withstand rain, moisture, and even water spills. Your photo prints dry instantly, so you can share them immediately without the fear of smudging or smearing.
To make printing your photos even easier, HP offers a range of
Photo Value Packs that combine the right Original HP ink with the right HP photo paper, saving you up to 20%.3
Learn how to print using HP photo paper
HP has engineered a broad range of photo paper types and sizes for all your printing needs.
From sharing photos with friends to the needs of businesses and professional photographers, HP has engineered a broad range of photo paper types and sizes—from 4" x 6" up to 13" x 19"—for all your printing needs.
Learn how easy it is to print 4" x 6" and 5" x 7" photos at home.
Get tips for printing on all types of paper.
Save money and print 8" x 10" photos at home to frame and display.
Buy HP photo paper now
Order Original HP photo paper from the HP Home & Home Office online store and get free next business day shipping.
Ready to buy HP photo paper for your next print job? Visit the HP Home & Home Office online store to purchase Original HP Photo Paper for your printer.
Plus, enjoy free next business day shipping on all Original HP ink, toner, and paper.
- 1 Display permanence rating by Wilhelm Imaging Research, Inc. or HP Image Permanence Lab. Learn more at http://www.hp.com/go/printpermanence.
- 2 Universal compatibility available with select HP photo papers, including HP Everyday, HP Advanced, and HP Premium Plus (Applies for 8.5” x 11” sizes and smaller).
- 3 Compared with purchasing ink and photo paper separately.