Original HP toner vs. non-HP toner
Original HP toner cartridges work the first time, every time, saving you time and money1
Home & Home Office
Support & Drivers
Whether you’re printing marketing brochures or black-and-white business documents, you get affordable, high-quality output with Original HP toner. Original HP toner cartridges work the first time, every time.1 Discover the benefits of using Original HP toner, and why non-HP toner just isn’t worth the risk.
HP toner vs. non-HP toner
Original HP toner cartridges work the first time, every time.1
When it comes to printing, not all printer toner is the same. Non-HP toner cartridges may look like a bargain, but on closer inspection, they’re anything but!
- Work the first time, every time.1
- Pay you back by cutting down on the number of reprints and cartridge replacements, saving you time and paper.1
- Are precision engineered to work with your HP LaserJet printer to deliver consistent, high-quality documents every time you print.
Non-HP toner cartridges:
- Don’t work properly 40% of the time.1
- Potentially cost 10% more than the price of an Original HP LaserJet toner cartridge due to blotchy, faded, or lined prints, which lead to reprinting.1
- Create hidden costs—including wasted paper and replacement cartridges—that drive up your total cost of printing much more than you might imagine.
Save more with Original HP toner
Stretch your printing dollars with HP high-capacity (X) toner cartridges and multipacks.
For higher printing volumes, stretch your printing dollars even further with HP high-capacity (X) toner cartridges and multipacks:
- High-capacity (X) cartridges save up to 35%2
- Multipacks save up to 10% over cartridges purchased separately
Plus, Original HP toner now offers a wider range of colors—22% more than with our previous generation cartridges—so you can create print-shop quality materials without the high price tag of outsourcing.3
Discover more ways to find and purchase toner.
HP offers free, convenient return and recyclingoptions so you can feel good about using Original HP toner cartridges.
You can feel good about using Original HP toner cartridges because you reduce your environmental impact without compromising quality:
- HP offers free, convenient return and recycling options.
- Original HP toner cartridges have been engineered to use recycled plastic and still meet HP’s demanding standards for quality and reliability.
- The HP LaserJet cartridge “closed loop” recycling process uses recycled plastic from HP LaserJet cartridges to create new Original HP LaserJet cartridges.
- For Original HP toner cartridges manufactured with reclaimed materials, up to 20% of the cartridge is made from recycled and recovered content.4
- HP’s energy-efficient toner contributes to energy savings of up to 35% while printing, as compared with previous generations of HP toner.5
Learn how easy it is to recycle now!
Read about HP’s commitment to sustainability.
Find Original HP toner
Not sure what to buy? Use the HP Supplies Finder to purchase Original HP Toner for your printer.
- 1 HP calculation based on the average results of a QualityLogic 2010 study comparing Original HP LaserJet Toner Cartridges with seven brands of non-HP toner cartridges sold in North America for the HP LaserJet P1505 and P4015 printers, HP 36A and 64A. For details, see www.qualitylogic.com/NAmonotonertest.pdf. Calculation includes paper, cartridge replacement and labor for reprints. Assumes equal number of pages for external, internal and individual use. Labor rate from Mercer 2009 Global Pay Study. Assumes purchase price for HP cartridge is $170 and 30% lower purchase price for a non-HP toner cartridge. Actual prices, costs and savings may vary.
- 2 Cost-per-page calculations based on ISO/IEC 19752 yield and Web-based SRP for HP’s (X) cartridges versus their standard (A) cartridge counterparts. Does not cover (X) cartridges that do not have (A) equivalent. Prices may vary.
- 3 HP ColorSphere toner achieves a 22% wider color gamut in an HP Color LaserJet 4700 printer with HP glossy Color Laser Brochure Paper vs. an HP Color LaserJet 4650. Percentage improvement based on internal testing using native printer gamut.
- 4 Percentage of recycled and recovered material is based on empty cartridge weight and may vary by model and over time.
- 5 Energy savings calculation is based on HP’s black-and-white LaserJet printers comparing the energy-efficient toner in the most recent printer within a class to its legacy printer with conventional toner. The stated energy consumption, during printing, is divided by the printer’s pages per minute. Actual savings may vary.