Printer features to help out teachers
Add convenience to the job with helpful tools
Home & Home Office
Support & Drivers
Having a printer with scanning and copying capabilities in the classroom can improve your quality of life at school by serving as a teaching tool and making the day a little easier.
HP All-in-One in the classroom
Use the flatbed scanner on an HP All-in-One to scan various materials including textbooks to create worksheets or study guides for your students.
HP All-in-Ones, such as the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One, save a step by allowing you to scan directly to email or a server, rather than having to first save a scanned document to your PC.
HP All-in-Ones bundle the functions of a scanner, printer, copier, and sometimes a fax, all into one machine. Here are just a few examples of how a versatile HP All-in-One can help in the classroom:
- While students are working, prep for other classes or augment the current lesson by printing additional materials immediately without leaving the classroom.
- Scan student work to archive model examples for future classes.
- Scan papers and projects to a flash drive for backup.
- Scan pages from various textbooks or other resources to create worksheets or study guides for your class.
Scan-to features for streamlining workflow
- Scan graded assignments or report cards directly to e-mail to help parents track a student’s progress.
- Scan successful activities and assignments directly to a folder on your school’s network at the touch of a button, giving everyone access to the work without loading up colleagues with more paper.
- Learn more about scanning directly to e-mail or network folders.
- Make copies on the spot to help small groups workshop in-class writing assignments.
- Share primary sources with your students in accordance with the Fair Use Doctrine.
Convenient Quick Forms
HP Quick Forms lets students quickly print a sheet of graph or notebook paper with just the touch of a button.
How many times has your class ground to a halt for a student who needs a piece of paper?
With the one-button Quick Forms feature available on select HP Photosmart printers, students can print their own graph paper, notebook paper, blank music scores, and more with ease—without the use of a PC.1
Quick Forms also includes mazes, Sudoku puzzles, and other games to keep you entertained while proctoring an endless test or after the kids are gone.
Take advantage of wireless
Students who work from their own laptops can share a single wireless printer and help keep the classroom free of cable-clutter.
Wireless printing decreases cable clutter and streamlines your classroom by allowing students to share a single printer. Many different types of classrooms can benefit from the convenience of an HP wireless printer:
- Classrooms where there are various computer clusters
- Classrooms where students bring in their own laptops
- Schools where several classrooms have to share a single printer
Find information on Getting started with wireless printing, and then visit the HP Wireless printer buying guide to compare features and learn more about HP’s selection of printers featuring wireless technology.
Discounts for educators
Teachers and students can visit the HP Academy to sign up for significant discounts on printers and supplies.
Printer features aren’t the only things that can help you have a successful school year. Check out HP’s special offers for students and teachers, and learn about government tax breaks for educators.
HP Academy HP values the importance of education and offers special discounts for teachers (and students) on printers and supplies when registered with the HP Academy. It’s simple: just sign up and save!
Tax breaks for qualified expenses As an educator you can receive a tax break of up to $250 for computer hardware, software, and printers or supplies for the classroom. Check IRS.gov for details on the Educator Expense Deduction, or see a qualified tax professional for more information.
Find a classroom printer
High-volume wireless inkjet All-in-One
- ISO print speeds up to 20 pages per minute (ppm) black, 16 ppm color2
- Up to 50% lower cost per color page and uses less energy than a laser printer3
High-volume wireless inkjet All-in-One
- ISO print speeds up to 11 ppm black, and up to 8 ppm color2
- Accepts high-capacity XL ink cartridges in four individual colors, so you only replace the color you need—and less often
- In addition to HP Print Apps, access and print e-mail via the 7" removable TouchSmart display1,6
- Browse and download documents, photos, and even the latest eBook bestsellers7
- Built-in wired and wireless networking5
High-volume, low-maintenance color laser MFP
- 21 pages per minute black and color8
- Low-maintenance toner cartridges that print up to 3500 pages
- Reduce classroom expenses with four individual cartridges, which incorporate both toner and the imaging drum, reducing waste and replacement costs9
- Built-in Ethernet networking
- Scan directly to e-mail
- Save paper with automatic double-sided printing
- Load documents and walk away: copy and scan unattended with the 50-page automatic document feeder
- From single-function HP Officejet printers to HP Photosmart All-in-Ones, visit the HP printer buying guides to see the entire line of HP printers and the wide-range of useful features and capabilities that they offer.
- Organize your classroom—and other areas of your life—when you learn to Manage your documents with a scanner.
- Visit HP Home office printing to find ideas suitable for the classroom, a small business, or home.
- 1 Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language and agreements. For details, www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
- 2 ISO speeds measured using ISO/IEC 24734 or ISO/IEC 29183. Excludes first page or first set of test documents. For more information, see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.
- 3 Majority of color laser printers
www.hp.com/officejet. OJ Pro ISO yield with highest-capacity cartridges based on continuous printing; see www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies.
- 4 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. And for additional solutions, see www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
- 5 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations compatible with 2.4GHz routers only.
- 6 Requires wireless access point and Internet connection to printer. Touchscreen menus are in English or English/French only. Services may require registration. Apps availability varies by country, language. Details: www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
- 7 Wireless performance dependent on physical environment, distance from access point. Availability varies by region. Some services may require registration.
- 8 Draft speeds only. Exact speed varies depending on system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.
- 9 Replacement cartridges: average continuous composite cyan/yellow/magenta yield 2,800 standard pages and average continuous black cartridge yield 3,500 standard pages. Declared yield values for replacement cartridges in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798. Actual yields vary considerably based on images printed and other factors.