Learn about different types of HP Print Apps
Understand the difference between HP Basic and Advanced Print Apps
Home & Home Office
Support & Drivers
Print apps provide shortcuts to content, allowing users to print online materials without using a PC.1 See what functionalities make an HP Print App “Basic” or “Advanced,” and then discover the right printer for your needs.
What is an HP Print App?
New print apps can be downloaded from your printer or from the ePrintCenter.
HP Print Apps are designed to help improve a user’s print experience by providing shortcuts to printable content from the Web, all without having to turn on a PC. Apps allow users to print maps and directions, craft and coloring pages, photos from Snapfish.com, or even the latest news.
Your printer must be an HP Web-connected printer and be connected to the Internet for your apps to work properly.1
Don’t have a Web-connected printer? Visit the Wireless HP printer buying guide to discover the right printer for your needs.
Basic vs. Advanced Apps
HP Print Apps come in two varieties: Basic, and Advanced. Read on to find out the difference between the two types of print apps.
HP Advanced Print Apps offer the user an interactive experience.
- A user can enter information into the print app and obtain custom content, like driving directions.
- Advanced print apps allow users to obtain customizable, interactive, printable, information.
- Advanced apps require a larger touchscreen.
The Bing Maps print app is a good example of an Advanced app. Users can enter an address they need directions to via the printer’s touchscreen, and then print the results.
The Fandango print app is another Advanced app that allows users to browse movie times, buy, and print tickets to the show.
HP Basic Print Apps are more of a one-way street, in that the app has a certain amount of information the user can select from and print.
- Using the TouchSmart frame, users can browse through apps for a variety of different materials to print.
- Basic print apps provide printable content that cannot be customized.
The Recipe print app is a Basic app offering a number of different breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes for the user to scroll through, select, and print.
The Disney print app is a Basic app in that it offers set puzzles, craft, and coloring pages for the user to select and print.
How do I manage my Print Apps?
All HP Web-connected printers can access a variety of HP Print Apps.
Apps can be downloaded directly through the HP ePrintCenter from your printer or by logging onto the site from your PC.
By registering your printer at the ePrintCenter, you’ll discover the apps that are designed to work with your specific printer or region. And the best part? New apps are being constantly added to the ePrintCenter!
Learn how to easily add and delete apps on your HP Web-connected printer.
Find the right printer for you
HP Officejet printers are for those who primarily print documents, while Photosmart printers are for users who print photos in addition to everyday documents. Both printer families offer HP Print Apps and HP ePrint, which lets you print from virtually anywhere! 1,2
HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One
- Print, scan, copy
- ISO print speeds up to 10 pages per minute (ppm) black, 7 color3
- Wireless, Web-connected printing from the 2.36" touchscreen4
- Automatic double-sided printing
- 35-page automatic document feeder
- Use up to 40% less energy than comparable lasers with this ENERGY STAR® qualified model5
HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One
- Print, scan, copy, eFax6
- ISO speeds up to 12 ppm black, 8 color3
- Wireless, Web-connected printing from the 4.3" touchscreen4
- Automatic double-sided printing and automatic photo tray
- 25-page automatic document feeder
- Memory card slots for easy photo printing
View the entire line of wireless HP printers for your home or home office.
- Watch HP Print Apps in action and view an HP Print App Video Demo.
- Discover how HP ePrint technology allows you to send print jobs directly to your HP ePrint-enabled printer using any e-mail-capable device.
- Trouble deciding between a printer that can handle Basic or Advanced apps? Compare HP wireless printers side-by-side.
- 1 Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. Apps availability varies by , language and agreements. For details, visit the www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
- 2 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. And for additional solutions, see www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
- 3 After first set of ISO test pages. For more information, see www.hp.com/go/printerclaims.
- 4 Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations compatible with 2.4GHz routers only.
- 5 Majority of color laser all-in-ones less than $600 as of 3/10; details: www.hp.com/go/Officejet. Energy use based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® program TEC test method criteria.
- 6 Web-based fax service requires an Internet connection to the printer and registration with third-party service. Up to 20 inbound and 20 outbound pages a month. Additional terms and restrictions apply; see www.hp.com/support.