What is a web-connected printer?
Learn how Web-connected printing can make life on-the-go so much easier
Home & Home Office
Support & Drivers
You may have heard the phrase “Web-connected printing,” or you may have even seen ads for it online or on TV. Keep reading to discover how you can use this innovation to add convenience to everyday tasks, save time and money—and have fun in the process!
What is Web-connected printing?
Web-connected printing lets you view and print content from the Internet (such as the coloring page shown above) without the use of a PC.1
The HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One is one of many HP Web-connected printers.
This means that, by connecting the printer to your home Internet network, you can view and print tons of fun and useful online content without even turning on your computer.1
Much like Apple’s iPhone, HP Web-connected printers let you download free apps—HP Print Apps—and navigate them with similar touch functionality to access everything from movie listings and tickets to news, printable games, and more!
Why is it better than printing from the computer?
An intuitive touchscreen with large buttons can help you get what you want in fewer steps—including last-minute printouts of a map or directions.
Don't keep your HP wireless printer hidden away in a basement office or upstairs den! Take advantage of the useful content when the printer is placed in a central location in your home.
Many people, exposed to the idea of Web-connected printing for the first time, don’t see why this is any better or even different from printing from the computer, but there are a few advantages of printing content directly from your printer!
- PC-Free: Avoid the hassle of restarting your computer to print those urgent last-minute necessities—such as maps and directions—as you’re heading out the door.
- More instantaneous: The large touchscreen buttons usually let you get what you want with fewer steps than working from your computer.
- Centralized: Get content directly from a printer placed in a central location instead of having to pick it up from an office or other out-of-the-way spot in your home.
- Convenient: Slide your finger across the panel to choose what to have for dinner. Print out a favorite blog to enjoy with your morning coffee—without squinting to read it on a smartphone screen. Or, view movie posters on the touchscreen before you buy your tickets.
How can print apps help me?
The MapQuest app is featured on many e-All-in-Ones
With quick access to a variety of select Web content, HP Print Apps offer convenience, entertainment, increased productivity, and much more.1
Whether you’re looking for school lunch ideas or need help planning meals for the entire week, there are a range of recipe-based print apps to provide you with inspiration and guidance.
There are a variety of apps that offer free forms and templates for legal, business, financial, technical, and educational documents.
Thanks to several map app offerings there’s no need to turn on the computer to print last-minute directions before you walk out the door.
Discover more helpful print apps and all the ways they can help make life a little easier.
How do I get print apps?
Step 1: On the HP ePrintCenter’s home page, click on the Sign In option at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Click Add Printer on the ePrintCenter home page.
Your printer’s code can be found on the info sheet that printed out when you first enabled its web services.
When you buy an HP Web-connected printer and connect it to the Internet for the first time, it automatically downloads HP Print Apps from HP ePrintCenter.
HP ePrintCenter is an online site where you can view, download, and manage your HP Print Apps, as well as your HP ePrint account.
To browse the latest print apps and add them directly to your printer, simply sign up on HP ePrintCenter and register your printer:
- Click on the Sign In option at the top of ePrintCenter’s home page
- Click on the Sign up option
- Enter your information and select Sign Up
- Next, click Add Printer on the ePrintCenter home page
- Enter your printer’s code* and press OK—that’s it!
* Your printer’s code can be found on the info sheet that printed out when you first enabled its Web services during setup.
If you can’t find your printer’s code, you can simply reprint the info sheet with the code at any time, right from the printer’s display panel. Visit the ePrint Help & Tips page and click on Printing the Web Services Information sheet to find out more.
How does this innovation keep up with changes?
Visit the HP ePrintCenter to read about ideas under consideration for new and creative print apps and exciting partnerships with content providers. You can even submit your own ideas for an app!
Because updating content is as simple as touching Get more on the touchscreen, HP Web-connected printing will be able to keep up with—and lead—technological innovation.
How can I get Web-connected printing?
HP Print Apps are now available on many HP All in Ones. Check out the printers below which feature Web-connected printing as well as many other useful features. Or, visit the HP Photosmart photo printer buying guide.
- 3.5" touchscreen
- Print, scan, copy
- Get lab-quality photos without using a PC
- Auto-engaging photo tray
- 4.3" touchscreen
- Print, scan, and copy, eFax3
- Memory card slots for easy photo printing
- 25-page automatic document feeder
Or, visit the HP Photosmart photo printer buying guide to find other Web-connected HP e-All-in-Ones.
- Explore real-life scenarios that illustrate how you can Get out the door faster with an HP printer.
- Printing from Snapfish at home—PC free: See how you can get photos from your and your friends’ albums at once!
- There are so many more ways to get creative and organized with help from your HP printer or All-in-One. Check out some of these useful Home printing ideas.
- 1 Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language and agreements. For details, http://www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
- 2 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. And for additional solutions, see www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
- 3 Web-based fax service requires an Internet connection to the printer and registration with third-party service. Up to 20 inbound and 20 outbound pages a month. Additional terms and restrictions apply; see www.hp.com/support.
- 4 Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Touchscreen menus are in English or English/French only. Services may require registration. For details, visit http://www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.