HP CoolSense Technology
- HP Technology Article Index
- Browse Products
- Laptops, Tablets & Netbooks
- Desktop & All-in-One PCs
- Storage & Accesories
- Find a Retailer
Support & Drivers
Mobile computing just got more comfortable. HP CoolSense technology can detect where you’re working and automatically adjust your PC’s cooling to prevent overheating.
Look for this icon while shopping:
How it works
Thanks to HP CoolSense technology, working on the go is noticeably cooler and more comfortable. From venting to the electronic components, the entire system is engineered with your comfort in mind.
- Automatic detection system uses the motion sensor in your notebook PC to sense where your PC is being used and automatically adjust the cooling.
- Strategically placed vents minimize heat and channel it away from the PC’s base to keep your notebook PC from overheating.
- HP Thermal Assistant software allows you to specify your cooling preferences (maximum cooling, quiet or optimized performance) and automatically shifts into that mode when you’re mobile.
Products with HP CoolSense technology
HP CoolSense technology is currently available on the HP Pavilion dm3 notebook PC.